Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 09:46   #16

Re: 600v MPPT Solar Charge Controller

You know I'm just going to hold off on buying anything until I get out to the boat and inspect it first. I'm only passing 15 amps through each side of my catamaran anyhow and usually depending on sun only 10amps.

So far as the charge controller goes I doubt I would see much improvement over what I have already and since I've never seen it operate in really good summer sun I'm going to have to see how it works.

I know so far I've made 17amps at 51.5 volts so 875 watts and that was on a cold day in March underway on the river.
PacificGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:26   #17

Re: 600v MPPT Solar Charge Controller

600VDC on a boat? The problem is in the event of a fault, trying to interrupt 600VDC. Yes I know there are a lot of C/B that can do this, but you don't won't to get it wrong. Couple of years back, we seemed to be able to burn down 1 house per week in SE Queensland, because of 1000V C/B's.

The problem seemed to boil down to 2 issues, most came out of China (although some of the better European manufacturers had problems) and loose terminals caused by expansion and Contraction with the load.

How would you go with Electrolysis? and leakage currents
Cheers
Ding Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mppt, solar