Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 22:05   #61

Re: Alternator Positive Wire Sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelorus32 View Post
The problem is that the Smartpass will deliver up to 80A if it's available and if the batteries will accept it. Later it falls back to the D250S Dual at up to 20A. So that suggests slightly bigger wires 😎

Regards
Mike
Hi MIke

Thanks for a info. If I get this right, that Smartpass will charge until voltage goes up to 13V and then D250S dual continues?

I have VSR-relay on my boat. If I put only D250S and left my VSR-relay as it is, would that be working? I´m thinking to left VSR as it is and only add cable from start battery to domestic battery. Current will flow in some point different directions, but doesn´t that really matter?

Sam
sam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 20:15   #62

Boat: Lyle Hess 32
Re: Alternator Positive Wire Sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam123 View Post
Hi MIke

Thanks for a info. If I get this right, that Smartpass will charge until voltage goes up to 13V and then D250S dual continues?

I have VSR-relay on my boat. If I put only D250S and left my VSR-relay as it is, would that be working? I´m thinking to left VSR as it is and only add cable from start battery to domestic battery. Current will flow in some point different directions, but doesn´t that really matter?

Sam
G'day Sam,

I don't know much about VSR

If you search the web there is a very good powerpoint presentation about various installation options which I found very useful.

I chose to use both the Smartpass and the D250S Dual because they do different things. It took me some time to work that bit out - the CTek info isn't great.

Here is the document I was talking about...you don't have to search

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw40eculk0...0smartpass.pdf
Pelorus32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator