Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 06:57   #1

Boat: Morgan Out Island 416
Annapolis Solar Panels

Is there a local distributor/seller of Kyocera solar panels in the Annapolis area?

I need a Kyocera 135 panel and would like to buy one locally rather than deal with shipping (I just bought 2 at the boat show but need another).

Thanks much,
Dave
SV Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:47   #2

Boat: Taswell 49
Re: Annapolis Solar Panels

Not sure if you are dead set on Kyoceras but these folks http://www.ul-solar.com/140_Watt_12_...40p-s.htmoffer a 140 watt panel with free shipping.

I am about to order (4) 100 watt panels from them myself. I have not yet seen their panels but they have advised they are warranteed for use in a marine environment and if the specs are valid they appear well made, but like I said I have not yet actually seen the product.

I am local in Annapolis and dont know of anyone other than West Marine who actually stock panels. All my electical friends order and pay shipping. PM me if I can be of any help while you are in town.
SV Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 16:47   #3

Boat: S2, 9.2, 30 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to RW Sailor
Re: Annapolis Solar Panels

Is there any dealer in Annapolis selling complete sets? Was looking around quite a bit already but couldn't find anything. I am looking into getting either a combination of wind and solar or solely solar somewhere in between 400 and 500 Watts, including charge controller and a battery bank.
Are there any recommendations?
Thank you already!
RW Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 07:54   #4

Boat: Taswell 49
Suggest you contact Yacht Electrical Systems (YES) speak with Andy Fagley the owner.

Or John Levelle with Merke Marine in port Annapolis Marina.

Both of these guys are excellent with solar and wind systems. Most shops however do not keep an inventory of panels as boats and systems vary so much depending on how big and how much real estate you have to work with. If they do stock a panel it will likely be the Kyocera 135 watt.

Sorry I don't have contact info but google should.

Tags
annapolis, solar