Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2020, 06:38   #16

Boat: CD25
Re: Another Honda 2200i recall

Thx wannacat
Have a safe journey home
Peter1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 07:07   #17

Boat: C&C

Peter1949-thanks, made it safely and currently half way through our quarantine at home. We hope things settle down in the near future and we can get on with retirement. Stay healthy and safe!!!
wannacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 07:51   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
I’ve had an Acura legend and a Honda lawnmower. So I bought the generator. Don’t have enough time on it to tell yet. But it does it job. The engineering is good. Quiet and good gas economy. I have only had good experiences with Honda.
I have a Honda engine on my pressure washer, starts first time every time.

I have a 20 year old 15hp Kawasaki on a bush hog, starts first time every time.

I have a 25hp Koehler on my lawnmower, starts first time every time.

I have a 9hp Honda on my home generator, never starts first time. Fuel continuously leaks from carb, carb has to be replace after every use. After replace carb, it still takes an hour to get it running.

In my opinion, as soon as you connect a generator to the worlds best engine, it then becomes a hopeless mechanical project to keep it running and maintained.

The worst thing yo can do with a generator is put it on a boat. Immediately when put on a boat it will attract every Gremlin within 50 miles to create all sorts of mechanical problems.

On my boat Diesel engine starts first time every time.

On board diesel generator never starts first time, requires a complete fuel system bleeding, at least three times. When it does start it still takes 30 minutes of intermittent cranking, tough on the battery. Once it starts it’s only benefit is to charge the battery it ran down to start.

My boat yard can do just about anything mechanical, but they refuse to work on generators!
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 17:11   #19

Boat: Lidgard yacht 32ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
The yamaha is as small if not smaller than the Honda. The problem is the Yamaha uses a smaller engine and doesn’t quite have the grunt of the EU20 and EU22i generators.
That's right. A few people have fallen into this trap when purchasing a Rainman watermaker. The start up power need shuts down the engine.
Davo1404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, honda, recall