Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2022, 10:42   #166

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Any two years reviews for Firefly batteries?

The good news is the Firefly technology works, but bad news is they have been having quality control problems since they shifted their manufacturing location. Am I right??
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 12:32   #167

So long as your purchase in the US was through the official dealer network that Bruce @Ocean Planet established, you should have be secure in their warranty handling
PaulCrawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 16:37   #168

Boat: Morgan, West Indies 38 Ketch

I have FFs too. They have been great. The restore cycle is a little hard for me. I have a very efficient frig. System, spectra watermaker, Opencpn RPI nav system, and LEDs for lighting. Without turning on the watermaker, if I turn everything on in the boat on and run my 12v blender I might use 12 amps. So it takes me like 2 days to pull down the batteries. Charging is easy though, combined solar, Honda, engine for the restore cycle, solar otherwise. I rarely use the engine for charging. I have a switch to turn off the Ample power V3 charging regulator/alternator. I’ll be doing a restore next week.
What I find on a regular basis is that my banks down 25-40 amps in the morning and charged by mid morning by 400w of solar. I love that acceptance rate on FFs.
I have had them a couple years now. I think the most enjoyable part of owning them is not running the engine or Honda hours and hours equalizing or doing absorption charging like I did with my old flooded batteries and I never have to add water either.
Practically maintenance free.
akopac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews