Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 04:03   #1

Boat: Beneteau 473, 47ft
Autopilot conundrum (only working when engine on)

Hi,

A new (another) problem arouse yesterday in our new (to us) boat. After buying the boat, the autopilot, bow thruster, windlass worked with no problem.
Two nights ago, when docking the boat we realized the bow thruster was not working, and yesterday, when tried to anchor, the windlass was not working… To make things interesting, the autopilot seems to be working when the engine is off, but it gives me a ‘computer missing’ error when the engine is on, and it does not work… I switch off the engine and the autopilot works again. Brilliant.

Has anybody experienced this problem?

When I thought that the problem was the bow thruster I checked the fuse and it was working. Now I realize that it’s not a problem with the bow thruster but most likely wiring, since the other gadgets aren’t working either.

My plan is to check battery voltages and such, but I’m trying to learn where everything is and where every wire goes. These wires are all cramped and not labeled so I expect fun times ahead of me.

I figured I would ask here in case it’s something very simple.

Thank you in advance!

I.
Ivanvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, engine, rum