Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2019, 17:25   #1

Boat: Catalina 28
Catalina AC panel questions

I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions on a new-to-me Catalina 28 MKII.

Below is a pic of the AC/DC panel. When plugged into shore power the AC side of things seems to work fine; the outlets are hot and the batter charger indicator lights are on. When the shore power is disconnected the DC side seems fine, too -- lights, pumps, etc all work. So here's my question... no matter what I do, nothing gets either of the green lights to go on. There are 2; the small round one on the AC side and the larger one at the bottom center under the battery switch. Does this indicate something is amiss? Or could it be both lights just happen to be burnt out?

Thanks in advance.

ChesapeakeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 19:45   #2

Re: Catalina AC panel questions

I’d bet on the lights burnt out. Easy to measure voltage at the light wires. Very common. Replace with led
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:36   #3

Boat: Catalina 28
Re: Catalina AC panel questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac999 View Post
I’d bet on the lights burnt out. Easy to measure voltage at the light wires. Very common. Replace with led
Cool, thanks. I'll check that. Good to know that the simplest thing is likely the culprit.
ChesapeakeRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina