Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 12:35   #1

Charger replace with charger/inverter

Hello people... I need to replace a mastervolt charger with victron charger/inverter in one... So when boat is connected to shore AC or generator is turned on, victron should work like a charger, opposite of that it should work like an inverter (automatically)... So i was looking at the installation of the boat and i draw it (ask if something is not understandable )... So my plan was something like this... I would add a contactor between contactor 1 and RCCB 2, and connect A1 and A2 contacts to an inverter output, and also inverter output to a NO contacts of the new contactor 2 which is not in the schematics... The output of the contactor 1 would be connected to a contactor 2 NC contacts... But as I can see if inverter would work at the moment, it would deliver HOT through contactor 1 NC contacts at the shore connector which is unacceptable... I can think of a way to break HOT line to the shore connector with another contactor just after the RCCB 1, but i am not sure is that acceptable or is there any better way to do all of this? And of course, let's say that inverter is working at the moment and you turn on the generator and contactor 1 engages, it would take some time (maybe couple of seconds) before inverter switches to charger mode, and in between that time it would still deliver HOT on the exit of the contactor 1, and it's phase would be in the same line for some short time with generator phase am I right? So that is unacceptable too.. What is the best way to do this? Can someone give some idea or draw a schematic maybe? I need inverter only for 220V sockets...

https://s31.postimg.org/aacmdbhhn/20180401_210243.jpg
GTI_16V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 00:03   #2

Re: Charger replace with charger/inverter

the victron does the swtiching inside it. it passes through power. just follow the manual.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, charger