Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 15-02-2015, 09:16   #181

Boat: 36.5 Wylie Custom Cold Molded Cruising Cutter
Re: Costco vs Trojan Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
That should be 230Ah...

I would guess they are the Deka GC15 and the should have a gray case..
Yep, you're right. I meant 230AH and they yes, they are grey. I am going to confirm their origin and specs tomorrow with East Penn.

Thanks Main Sail!
Onemoreproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 08:47   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
"I think you're missing the 3rd type of buyer: the value buyer." Socaldmax

No, that's where I mentioned the difference between Grey Goose and Russian Standard. I am a "value buyer" but the value is always tempered by the overriding issue of quality. I think you and I are on the same page in regards to this conversation and I would agree with your well reasoned subsequent explanation. Good luck, good sailing . . . By the way . . . Have you seen Lady Macbeth lately? Capt. Rognvald--AKA: Rognvald MacDuff
rog,

sorry autocorrect changed your name to ron...it seems you took offense...if you are reading this I guess you were able to remove your head from your posterior, it wasn't your tongue in your cheek after all.

sorry it's been a few days, I have had to work and you must be slightly retired. I found a few cheaper vodkas for you so you may remain numb. there is a nice 1litre of Ruskova Select for 11.99...cheaper is better, and I don't think you want to be a hypocrite as well.

Vodka - LiquorList - Search Michigan's Liquor Prices

keep up your shake spires, you might know something about that. lady mickbeth is busy washing her hands, but she sayes hi!

happy trails

Beneteau Oceanis 50
MickBeth50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 16:57   #183

Boat: Pearson 34-II

"rog,

sorry autocorrect changed your name to ron...it seems you took offense...if you are reading this I guess you were able to remove your head from your posterior, it wasn't your tongue in your cheek after all." MickBeth50

Mick,
No offense . . . however, your tongue was obviously not in your cheek but must have been firmly lodged in my posterior . . . who could take offense to that? Love and Peace, Rognvald aka Ron, Rog or a reasonable facsimile thereof . . . . Thanks for the Vodka reference . . . I'm almost out of Listerene!
Old 17-02-2015, 20:24   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
"rog,

sorry autocorrect changed your name to ron...it seems you took offense...if you are reading this I guess you were able to remove your head from your posterior, it wasn't your tongue in your cheek after all." MickBeth50

Mick,
No offense . . . however, your tongue was obviously not in your cheek but must have been firmly lodged in my posterior . . . who could take offense to that? Love and Peace, Rognvald aka Ron, Rog or a reasonable facsimile thereof . . . . Thanks for the Vodka reference . . . I'm almost out of Listerene!
well rog,

I am really flattered you fantasized about my tongue in your posterior, but lady mickbeth and I don't swing that way...not that there is anything wrong with it.

perhaps you should be posting on a different kind of 'cruisers forum'.

cheaper is definatley not always better...but you could start a post about an 'cheap older gentleman looking for tongue of the ocean to explore new places' ...maybe get lucky there?

maybe you will find your match someday...until then, your fantasies can be a very inexpensive way to pass the time.

very best regards, the last round is taken care of...last call has been rung...it was real.

Beneteau Oceanis 50
MickBeth50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 01:32   #185
Marine Service Provider

Nice
&
Polite.

as it should be,

even when someone makes a mistake.

oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBeth50 View Post
well rog,

I am really flattered you fantasized about my tongue in your posterior, but lady mickbeth and I don't swing that way...not that there is anything wrong with it.

cheaper is definatley not always better...but you could start a post about an 'cheap older gentleman looking for tongue of the ocean to explore new places' ...maybe get lucky there?

maybe you will find your match someday...until then, your fantasies can be a very inexpensive way to pass the time.

very best regards, the last round is taken care of...last call has been rung...it was real.
FlyingCloud1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 04:03   #186
CLOD

Boat: none

amazing how many people find a way to go right onto the ignore list their first month
Old 18-02-2015, 09:12   #187

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBeth50 View Post
well rog,

Mick,
One always questions responses to topics on this Forum from those contributors who have no personal information about themselves other than a name, a boat and relatively few posts. What do you have to hide? You obviously, from your above remarks, take special interest in others lives with whom you possibly can have no previous knowledge and make assumptions that ,in reality, you cannot know. You were the first to take the conversation to a lower level and my remarks, in light of your recent response, must have hit a nerve. So, I wish the best to you and your "Lady????" However, please be advised: my suggestion to you in regards to your initial attack had nothing of a sexual nature in mind . . . but rather an efficient and appropriate way for me to solve a daily excremental ritual. Good luck, good sailing to you and your "Lady????". . . You now . . . this is the YTK. Captain Rognvald, in absentia
Old 09-10-2017, 15:03   #188

not to nit-pick, but the very nice quote you provide is from George Bernard Shaw, not Ben Franklin.
svchemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 15:46   #189
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Zombie thread. What quote?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 16:17   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
What purpose is served by keeping the alleged manufacturer's name a secret?
The purpose of not getting sued for libel if you are not 100% sure of your facts.
Nightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 16:35   #191
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

So confused. Are people really reading a thread from 7 years ago, from the beginning?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:51   #192

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

I think this thread has run it's course. As for the Costco batteries, they served me well and I was happy with them. I will replace them this year, but I'm not sure yet what I'll replace them with.

Thanks to most of you for your thoughtful input. I too added one person to my very short ignore list. C'est la vi

The source I used for my quote attributed to Ben Franklin credited him with as the author of the quote. If he wasn't my apologies, but he should have been. LOL