Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2020, 12:21   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Maldives
Eco-worthy wind generators?

Hi folks!
Time to upgrade my energy system and while i always only considered solar panels, i stumbled with a kit that i find very interesting considering the price: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500W-700W...DiOgTYo15u7VxA

I am thinking about the 700W kit that includes 2x150W panels + 400W wind + controller.

Do anyone have any feedback about the brand? Good? Reliable? Really worthy? Searching on the forum i read some good experiences about the solar panels and the controllers, but nothing about the wind generators.
I find the setup interesting but i don't want to have a noisy helicopter on my head that doesen't deliver what it promises; in that case i'd rather go only solar and eventually think about the wind generator in future and only if really needed.
Any input?
Thanx.
Cheers.
riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:47   #2

Boat: Nauticat 43
Re: Eco-worthy wind generators?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your first set of questions since I don't know the ECO-WORTHY brand. However, wrt avoiding high noise, I can tell you that we had an adjacent slip neighbor who had two Eclectic Energy D400 wind generators. The first was replaced because of age of the blades and the need to replace them. Instead, he bought a new unit. In winds from 5-25kts, I couldn't hear either the old or the new wind generator even when I was outside on the dock. I expect this noiseless performance is correlated with better efficiency. We have bought a D400 and are installing it now.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:01   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Maldives
Re: Eco-worthy wind generators?

Thanx for the answer. I had a look also on youtube and what I found didn't convince me at all. I ended up ordering a kit with a set of 2x150W solar panels and controller but skipped the wind generator because look like they don't deliver what promised and this model need really strong winds to justify having it there.
I'll reconsider wind generator in future probably but will avoid these cheap solutions.
Cheers.
riki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, wind, wind generator