Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2023, 11:51   #16

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: ecoflow

So you worry about pretty much everything being manufactured then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
a little worried about being manufactured china
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 12:58   #17

Boat: Imexus 28

We only use the zero breeze mk2 air conditioner on rare occasions when it is just too hot to sleep. I have it setup just to cool a small curtained off under cockpit double berth and it does this effectively. During daytime use it really doesn’t cool the whole of our 28 foot large internal volume trailerable yacht but does provide a cool air breeze over the dinette area. It might be enough with a much smaller internal volume.
For its 100-240w power consumption I wasn’t expecting a complete air-conditioning solution for our internal volume.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7394.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	280072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	280074  

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	280075  
Grith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 07:18   #18

The EcoFlow AC200Max runs LifePO chemistry for the batteries and has a 30amp 12v DC plug which could easily run your 12v systems (I say easily, but if you draw more then 30amp then nevermind!). As Grith mentioned they're so versatile they can even back up your house with minimal (if any) wiring.
Martin9700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 07:47   #19

If it provides enough power to meet your needs at the amperage you require, then sure. The main issue would be, as others are saying also, will it hold up in the marine environment? Most electronics have a moisture indicator inside on the control board that manufactures use to instantly void any warranty if there is an issue.
ccanupii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2023, 11:19   #20

Boat: Imexus 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccanupii View Post
If it provides enough power to meet your needs at the amperage you require, then sure. The main issue would be, as others are saying also, will it hold up in the marine environment? Most electronics have a moisture indicator inside on the control board that manufactures use to instantly void any warranty if there is an issue.
I have been using ours in a marine environment for 15 months now. I was very careful how and where I mounted them being aware of this being a potential problem.
I have my now two EcoFlow delta max units mounted in off the shelf hatches with attached plastic boxes both under my port and starboard settees. They fit perfectly with the lid just pinching down slightly when the hatch locks are engaged and very little room on the sides.
I used a hole saw to cut two holes near the top of the boxes on both sides matching the fan inlet and outlet vents on the ecoflow units and another high on the rear through which I lead all the cabling.
Even with very significant water in my bilges and laid right over to knockdown level I believe they would remain unaffected by direct water contact.
The remaining under settee areas are used for food and 2 litre cardboard wine carton storage for our long range exploits and the cardboard packaging appears to remain dry here even after months on the water.
Time will tell as always.
One photo is hatch with box and EcoFlow installed and the other pre installation.
The fact that the units can be remotely monitored, switched and parameters changed by phone app means they remain undisturbed in their mounted location.
I use an old iPhone that no longer holds charge mounted on my switch panel and permanently plugged in as a remote always on control panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5909.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	280266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5908.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	280267  

Name:	IMG_0482.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	280268  
Grith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 09:35   #21

Boat: 1985 lm 32

i am thinking about there 10kwh kit any body tried one yet??
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote