Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2023, 06:45   #1

Boat: 1985 lm 32
ecoflow

im getting ready to redo elec system has anybody used an ecoflow kit? i was going to use all victron, the ecoflow looks like an easy install? any feed back welcome

sleepy
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2023, 19:44   #2

Boat: Imexus 28
Re: ecoflow

Yep I have two EcoFlow delta max units providing the equivlient to shore power whilst remote cruising on my 28 foot trailerable yacht.
They are charged by a significant solar array and a 12-24v converter on my house agm bank charged by both a couple of solar panels and my outboards alternator.
They have allowed us to do all our cooking via induction, power both a compressor fridge and separate freezer, recharge our torqeedo batteries and heat our 22litre 240v hotwater tank along with other occasional 240v appliance use from electric toothbrushes to battery power tool recharging right up to a small portable zero breeze airconditioner needed very rarely.
They have been fantastic.🙂
First photo the EcoFlow perfectly fitting into an off the shelf hatch with attached plastic box under a dinette seat.
Second photo shows power left very low after 7 days of clouds and rain but we made it through not skipping hot meals or tea and coffee!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5909.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	280008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	280009  

Grith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2023, 19:47   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grith View Post
Yep I have two EcoFlow delta max units providing the equivlient to shore power whilst remote cruising on my 28 foot trailerable yacht.
They are charged by a significant solar array and a 12-24v converter on my house agm bank charged by both a couple of solar panels and my outboards alternator.
They have allowed us to do all our cooking via induction, power both a compressor fridge and separate freezer, recharge our torqeedo batteries and heat our 22litre 240v hotwater tank along with other occasional 240v appliance use from electric toothbrushes to battery power tool recharging right up to a small portable zero breeze airconditioner needed very rarely.
They have been fantastic.🙂
First photo the EcoFlow perfectly fitting into an off the shelf hatch with attached plastic box under a dinette seat.
Second photo shows power left very low after 7 days of clouds and rain but we made it through not skipping hot meals or tea and coffee!
It's like magic! Power from... nowhere! The world is saved!
SailingHarmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 00:23   #4

Boat: Imexus 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingHarmonie View Post
It's like magic! Power from... nowhere! The world is saved!
Perhaps move over to Sailing Anarchy that’s where that sort of smart arse response belongs!
Power comes from solar panels and very occasionally some surplus outboard alternator output.
Dropping in completely portable EcoFlow lithium power pack and connecting it both to the existing shorepower wiring and running a plug in point for your existing solar input is an expensive but easy upgrade versus upgrading a yachts entire system with lithium batteries, inverters, computer controller high capacity chargers, mppt solar controller and remote monitoring and switching systems.
Our EcoFlow delta max also just lifts out and does duty in our slide on truck camper ( 1st pic ) when we are alternatively using that and when back at home cleaning up and planning our next adventure it does duty as both our home uninterrupted power supply and powers our rainwater main water supply ( 2nd pic ). These extra uses helped justify the purchase price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	280019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6523.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	396.1 KB
ID:	280021  

Grith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 01:59   #5

Hey Grith, thanks for that post about the Ecoflow, I’m considering buying one myself in the very near future based on your experience. My power consumption is way lower than yours and I have a 125 amp alternator for those overcast spells so I might go for one of the smaller output units.
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 07:43   #6

thanks for ur responce i was going to do all victron but ecoflow may be the way to go

sleepy
Old 24-08-2023, 08:25   #7
JBP

Boat: Jeanneau Tonic 23

Do you find that the Zero Breeze has enough capacity for your boat? I've been thinking about one for my 23 ft sailboat.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 08:59   #8

Boat: Jeanneau SO 34.2 (sold)

We use an Ecoflow Delta Max plugged into the shore power inlet to run our Starlink and laptops. AGM house bank handles the DC side and occasional inverting. Both Ecoflow and house bank are recharged by individual solar, alternator, or in a pinch our Honda EU2000 which we really try to limit.
steffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 09:09   #9

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

They are a great set-up, but check the battery type of the unit you're looking at before bringing it on the boat. Some are Lithium Ion NMC (unsafe), some are LiFePO4 (safe).... I believe Ecoflow has recently switched to LiFePO4.
Old 24-08-2023, 09:16   #10

thanks what about the ecoflo air cond unit any thoughts
Old 24-08-2023, 09:18   #11

matt thank u for ur input i have been watching ur videos for a long time and have great respect for ur opinion

sleepy
Old 24-08-2023, 09:19   #12

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Don't know about the new one, but the old 4k btu was pretty disappointing for anything larger than a small tent. We have one with two batteries for sale if you're in the Annapolis MD area
Old 24-08-2023, 11:32   #13

do u think these units will survive in the marine environment?
Old 24-08-2023, 11:42   #14

Boat: Lagoon 380

Don't hold your breath if you have to deal with their support. We bought one of the AC units. About 4 weeks in the inverter in it died. It took 11 months to get the replacement back under warrenty and in the end shaming on social media and emailing every employee I could find in the company via Linkedin.
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 11:50   #15

a little worried about being manufactured china