Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2019, 14:56   #1

Excellent customer service from Dr. LED

I have no affiliation with the company, but ordered 2 bulbs they manufacture through Defender a couple weeks ago. One of the bulbs is advertised for a specific fixture, and when I received it I found that it didn't really fit in the fixture correctly. I emailed Dr. LED, not really expecting even a reply. I was pleasantly surprised to not only receive a reply within a few minutes, but was told that they had an adapter that should have shipped with the lights since the fixture manufacturer changed the connection but perhaps I'd gotten old stock from Defender (it actually did look like they'd found it between two shelves, the package was dusty and a bit scratched). But no worries, they'd ship me the adapter immediately for free if I sent my address. I did, and sure enough 3 days later received the adapter which worked perfectly. I'm always first to complain about poor service so I want to call out excellent customer service from a pretty low margin business where frankly I would least expect it. I'm certainly giving them my business going forward, it's worth it to know they'll go the extra mile to make it right if you don't end up with exactly what you need.
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 15:04   #2

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Excellent customer service from Dr. LED

Good on them, and good on you for saying saying so. I’ll definitely look more favourably on their products now.

So often we hear the opposite kind of story here. It’s great to hear about the good companies out there.
Old 24-09-2019, 16:17   #3

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'
Re: Excellent customer service from Dr. LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
I have no affiliation with the company, but ordered 2 bulbs they manufacture through Defender a couple weeks ago. One of the bulbs is advertised for a specific fixture, and when I received it I found that it didn't really fit in the fixture correctly. I emailed Dr. LED, not really expecting even a reply. I was pleasantly surprised to not only receive a reply within a few minutes, but was told that they had an adapter that should have shipped with the lights since the fixture manufacturer changed the connection but perhaps I'd gotten old stock from Defender (it actually did look like they'd found it between two shelves, the package was dusty and a bit scratched). But no worries, they'd ship me the adapter immediately for free if I sent my address. I did, and sure enough 3 days later received the adapter which worked perfectly. I'm always first to complain about poor service so I want to call out excellent customer service from a pretty low margin business where frankly I would least expect it. I'm certainly giving them my business going forward, it's worth it to know they'll go the extra mile to make it right if you don't end up with exactly what you need.
Having spent a good portion of my working life dealing with customers it is rare to get compliments but complaints are the opposite, good on you for singing their praise.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service