Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2023, 08:39   #1

Boat: Oyster 485 48'
Fischer Panda AGT and LiPo4

We have a FP AGT 4000 24V DC generator, she put out 140amps at full bore. It appears to charge our Power Queen 24v 200ah LiPo4's. The BMS will allow 200amp charging on each of our 3 batterys. However FP does not like to run at full power, the manual says 75% max for long periods. We have looked everywhere and can't find how to manually throttle her so she will only go to 75%> anyone else figure this out? Any help appreciated.
Takitimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 08:46   #2

Boat: Hunter 340
Re: Fischer Panda AGT and LiPo4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takitimu View Post
We have a FP AGT 4000 24V DC generator, she put out 140amps at full bore. It appears to charge our Power Queen 24v 200ah LiPo4's. The BMS will allow 200amp charging on each of our 3 batterys. However FP does not like to run at full power, the manual says 75% max for long periods. We have looked everywhere and can't find how to manually throttle her so she will only go to 75%> anyone else figure this out? Any help appreciated.
Three batteries sound like they are in parallel. If they are they each battery would be getting 140/3 =46A which is 0.23C and well below any threshold for concern.

Also keep in mind charging is not the same as discharging. If you are concerned with battery longevity you could lower the charging voltage (not amps) slightly.
Statistical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 09:27   #3

Boat: Oyster 485 48'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistical View Post
Three batteries sound like they are in parallel. If they are they each battery would be getting 140/3 =46A which is 0.23C and well below any threshold for concern.

Also keep in mind charging is not the same as discharging. If you are concerned with battery longevity you could lower the charging voltage (not amps) slightly.
Hi, I'm good with them charging at full bore, I had the same numbers you had. However the generator does not like running at full bore. I'd like to figure out how to limit it to 75-80 amps so I do t kill the generator
Takitimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 09:57   #4

Boat: Hunter 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takitimu View Post
Hi, I'm good with them charging at full bore, I had the same numbers you had. However the generator does not like running at full bore. I'd like to figure out how to limit it to 75-80 amps so I do t kill the generator
Oh gotcha yeah I misunderstood. If someone else doesn't provide specifics it looks like you can reduce the peak charging current

https://www.fischerpanda.de/images/g...O1-0006311.pdf

Page 72. You will need a clamp meter to measure the current and ideally also a multimeter so note what mV reading it is for various amperages in case you want to change it in the future.

Since you will be charging the batteries at relatively low current you may also want to bring the charging voltage down slightly. It is a little less stressful on the batteries and with low charging current a higher charging voltage isn't needed or helpful.
Statistical is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fischer Panda