Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2021, 12:08   #76

Re: Flinsail: a cool new way to do solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangme55 View Post
Looks like a Rube Goldberg of the first order. Just because something can be engineered doesn't mean it should be.

Not sure what the market is for solar in the EU but I just checked on EBay and a 400W system for RV with inverter and controller is $299.00 USD.

So two are around $600 and more power so the other $5,000 USD (converting 5000 Euro) I guess is for the 'cool' look?

Wow - I guess this is the equivalent of Oakley sunglasses? As for me I always buy cheap sunglasses - when I leave them at a bar they always seem to still be there when I get back. LOL

Yes that's a smart thing to do, eye damage from poorly made sunglasses doesn't matter cause your insurance will pay for the surgeries or transplants if possible.
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, solar