Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2013, 14:43   #1

Four Winds II- looking for blade arm set and complete manual

I own a Fourwinds II that has been a tireless contributor to our charging strategy for years. I had just released it for an afternoon charge last week and was sitting listening to it quietly crank up the juice, blessing it and rueing the day that I have to repair it, when a friend sailed up in dinghy for a visit and abruptly stopped the blades with their sprit. The blades are fine but the stainless arms that connect the blades to the hub are bent (and the sprit has a chunk missing). I am hoping that I can either replace them with actual Four Winds II parts or have another set machined locally. I hope to connect with people who've taken the hub of one of these genny's apart and may have some thoughts about truing the hub and blade assembly once it's rebuilt.
I am also hoping to locate the most recent Owner's Manual that was most likely released at around the same time that the company went under.
foxislands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 16:13   #2

Boat: Royal Passport 41
I now have an electronic copy of the Fourwinds Manual - 70 pages and 10Mb. If you would like a copy just drop me an email and I will send you one. My email is: wmlunn1@gmail.com

Thanks. Bill
KiwiEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote