Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2022, 12:11   #16
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Generator Field Capacitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayiii View Post
Initially, we had a heck of a time getting a steady RPM. It surged like heck which, obviously, it’s really bad for maintaining 60 hz.

We ended up installing a Facet Dura-Lift fuel pump that is way way overkill but it solved the issue.
If you experienced surging this could damage the caps.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:22   #17

Re: Generator Field Capacitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
If you experienced surging this could damage the caps.
We fixed that a couple years ago.
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 15:38   #18

Generator Field Capacitor

The fuel supply is critical and I also installed an electric supply pump (and an extra primary filter assembly) with some success
I posted on an earlier thread about my historical encounters with Lombardini FOCS engines and sent one back to Volpi because of its inability to hold frequency and they returned the genset with a new engine from Lombardini...... no report about the initial fault? , just the new engine and a happy genset. What were the circumstances that led to your replacement engine? If there were more of these in my region I would seriously consider shelling out for the special tools kit, especially the fuel balancer.....problem is, if the new generation are going to be common rail ( or the LDW is discontinued completely) I would have $1,000 worth of special tools that are useless for any other diesel engine apart from the first generation FOCS Lombardini’s
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator