Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 08:05   #1

Genset fuel pump issue

I looked through a bunch of threads and couldn’t find anything about this. My lift pump went out on my 12.5kw Westerbeke. The oem part is stupidly priced. I’ve found a few pumps like Facet that meet the same specs. However, off of my carb is a return line. I can’t find a modern fuel pump that has a fuel in/out and return line to it. Any ideas on what I can do to overcome the situation? Can I plug the return line and not worry about it? What’s its purpose? Etc. any helps appreciated.
Dspills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:04   #2

Re: Genset fuel pump issue

Return lines usually go to the tank. Can you just route it there? The return line can be very small diameter...
Is this an electric fuel pump? You mention Facet...
If a mechanical fuel pump, maybe you can search/discover who makes the Westerbeke engine. It may be available cheap once you know that if the engine is used for other things...

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, pump