Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2017, 16:16   #16

Boat: Camano Troll
Re: Grounding Power Inverter

The answer to the question is:

Follow the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't understand them, call and ask.

No "research" is needed. No engineering either. Do it the way the manufacturer says to do it.
Old 18-10-2017, 16:35   #17

Re: Grounding Power Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
My Magnum MS2812 Is wired into the shorepower cable before the circuit breaker panel, this way when you have no shorepower, it will power the whole boat if you like up to its max capacity of course. However my isolation transformer is immediately before the circuit breaker panel as I believe most are.

My zinc consumption was greatly increased, I wasn’t getting but maybe two months out of a zinc.

By connecting case ground to the green and yellow AC ground, and of course the negative DC ground to the battery bank negative, I had made a connection between the two, prior to the isolation transformer.

Not wanting to disconnect the inverter and have a floating AC ground, I instead moved my isolation transformer so that it is connected to shorepower before the inverter. It’s a little too soon to declare victory, but so far it appears my zinc consumption has returned to normal.
of course the iso transformer has to be infront of the inverter. you also need a main breaker before the transmformer.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter