Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 09:46   #1
ub1

Boat: 45' leopard cat
heart pathmaker

Does anyone know anything about heart pathmakers ,contact# or service.have 1 that keeps tripping disconnect selanoid and link monitor is acting wierd . disconnected all gell batt. load tested and held charge overnight 12.85 on house and port bank on third bank have seperate pathmaker that tripped out high voltage replaced alternator regulator and batt. that side is fine now. Could the other battery banks been damaged do not know about gells they tested fine
ub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 18:01   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Worst piece of junk I ever installed. It was terrible. I lost a starting battery becasue of one. Didn't lose the two G4 AGM's though. I would have it looked over by a good 12 volt electric person. You need to look at all DC systems as a whole from end to end as one mistake in one part leads to other errors some place down the line.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 16:30   #3

Boat: C&C Landfall 39 center cockpit "Anahita"
Sorry Paul....

That you did not have a successful and happy experience with your PathMaker....what was "wrong" that your start battery did not live and what model PathMaker do/did you have? We did not have to go through many modifications to get the general boards and firmware to demonstrate good functionality.

ub1: give more info regarding symptoms of your system....you make it sound like the solution was to replace the alternator regulator as though the alternator output voltage was too high and therefore the high voltage disconnect disabled the PathMaker from activating..???
Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24   #4
ub1

Boat: 45' leopard cat
pathmaker

I replaced stbd alt it was overcharging 15v and throwing selanoid on stbd pathmaker to isolate that batt. That side is fixed I replaced house 4d gell cells (16months old) with 4 4d agm batt. overnite selanoid on port/house pathmaker tripped and house bank was down to 68%. tested for draw found that inverter had huge draw even when turned off had to shut breaker off to isolate it. So I imagine my inverter is shot.
ub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:56   #5

Boat: C&C Landfall 39 center cockpit "Anahita"
PathMaker O.K.?

It seems that the PathMaker is doing what it is set up to do from your description so far. Make sure that the inverter has NO external ac connections on its output while you check the dc input current draw before you conclude that the inverter is no good.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote