Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2015, 07:23   #1

Boat: Ted Brewer, One off, 36' sloop
Honda EU 2000i carburetor

There must be more owners of these small portable gasoline generators out there. Well, I have not taken good care of this generator and the carburetor got all gummed up. I found a great youtube video that showed how to remove the carburetor and remove the jets and clean do a complete overhaul/cleaning of the carburetor which I did. There is a small plastic motor that sits on top of the carb that controls the speed in eco position so that the rpms reduce and can run equipment at a lower speed and thus reduce fuel consumption (inverter). After completing the carb overhaul/cleaning, I started the generator that runs great now in normal position but when switched to eco, the generator starts to "hunt" badly. I tried adjusting the throttle screw but it would only help if I turned it almost alway the in and the rpms are almost at full rpm when in the eco position. So, I am looking for someone who may have experienced the same problem. I know that the carb is clean and in "like new" condition now and I want to know what else i can do short of changing the throttle control motor that sits on top of the carb.
thaisail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda