Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: My Isotherm refer cools, but not very well. How does yours work?
My Isotherm works great-Maintains proper cooling 4 44.44%
My Isotherm works pretty well-but it does depend on climate 2 22.22%
Performs like yours-Not very well, but what can you expect {Florida\12volt\boat} 2 22.22%
Replace it-You should get much better cooling, even in Florida climate 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2021, 10:08   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Isotherm - Asking to much of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSB333 View Post
Our ISOTherm is new this year. Added 5 inches of foam insulation to the floor of the old icebox. I get 42 degrees at the medium setting on the thermostat.

RSB333
Blind Date has a much different Isotherm cabinet refrigerator designed primarily for recreational vehicles. This Isotherm unit disposes of all process heat through top aft corner of cabinet and it also gets its cooler condenser medium air from the same place. If the design five operating average amp flow reading exceed this there are ways to correct it even when unit is installed in a boat.

Having known the base line amp flow of this small compressor condenser unit's amp flow reading is the fastest way to identify a problem of poor performance.
Only if the amp flow reading was low say below three amps would you think a low refrigerant as a possible cause of poor performance.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 15:30   #17

Boat: Hinterhoeller Niagara 35
Re: Isotherm - Asking to much of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSB333 View Post
Our ISOTherm is new this year. Added 5 inches of foam insulation to the floor of the old icebox. I get 42 degrees at the medium setting on the thermostat.

RSB333
We have an Isotherm -- has worked reliably for 6 years.

Two things:

You need a well insulated box (we rebuilt our original box that used ice like a frat party).

The Isotherm comes with pre-charged plumbing and will slowly leak Freon if the metal-to-metal couplings are not torqued properly.
Boatwright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isotherm