Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 09:00   #1

LED Strip Lighting for interior

Hey Everyone -

Have had on my to do list for a while to put some ambient led strip lighting inside the cabin. I have watched the youtube videos and figured out how to install everything. Have a couple of questions for anyone else who has tackled this.

1. I bought everything from superbrightleds. In hindsight they are a tad expensive compared to some of the well reviewed comparable ones (3000k, white, 12V). Especially when you tack on the channels with the diffusers. Anyone have experience superbright vs any of the well reviewed ones on Amazon?

2. What do I need on the front end to make sure the strip is only getting 12V? As read elsewhere there is something I can attach to regulate that. Sorry this is a trivial question but this is new territory for me.

3. I have read about rf interference and that potentially being tied to different parts of the system. Any suggestions to avoid that?

4. Initially went with just the warm white but now wondering if I would enjoy the RGB+W. Anyone actually use the colored ones for anything other than red light under sail?

Thanks a ton!
jpeac2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, lighting