Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2015, 17:55   #1

Boat: Krogen 42
Link 2000 - single bank

I have a Hart 2500 with a Link 2000 control panel originally set up to handle 2 separate banks. I now have a single bank that I want to monitor but the link 2000 is looking for two. If I disconnect the second bank monitor I get an error condition on the Link 2000. I'm running the negative from both shunts to the negative post on the single bank, error goes away but now I have two separate reading when pressing Batt 1 or 2.

Any idea how to set this up to monitor a single bank? Press Batt 1 would show measurements and Batt 2 would show nothing?
Old 30-09-2015, 19:41   #2

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44
Re: Link 2000 - single bank

Your post implies that you still have two shunts. If you removed one bank with a shunt you should have removed the other shunt or at least removed the sensor leads. If Batt #2 had been setup as the "control" battery then it might be looking for it. I think that is F11 on the setup. If all else fails you could put all the #2 leads on #1 along with its leads. The #1 and #2 would read the same. I think I would go through a Reset of the whole deal and re-input the settings. But go through the existing settings and write them down first so you don't lose them (for 1 and 2). I used to have one and have installed many more but it has been too many years since then. The manual never was well-written.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 20:06   #3

you may have problems with this setup. I have seen it before. best is to connect all pos and all neg to the same bank. now both voltages should be the same. just ignore bank 2 readings.

take bank 2 shunt wires off the shunt and connect them together (short them). hopefully you will get an amp reading of 0 on bank 2. but I have seen them read -.2 amps or a small vaule (error in system). which means bank 2 is always draining according to the link 2000 and every few weeks will give you a low battery alarm on the screen... and every few weeks you need to reset the amp hours on bank 2. pain in the ass.

if it reads 0a (or a pos value) you are lucky and it should work fine.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 20:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exMaggieDrum View Post
Your post implies that you still have two shunts. If you removed one bank with a shunt you should have removed the other shunt.
the link 2000 is 2 shunts connected as one peice. but thanks for helping

even if you could remove a shunt it wouldn't help anything because the gauge expects both shunts.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 20:23   #5

The earlier responses are incorrect.

It's Easy, see page 38 of the manual:

If only one battery is to be monitored, connect the violet wire to the blue wire. Also green & brown and orange & yellow.

At the back of the Link.

RTFM!

Also, don't forget to set F11 to OFF.

Good luck.

If you don't have the manual, Xantrex, who bought Heart out, has it on their website for download. Same material as the Heart manual - Xantrex knows nothing!

I'm a Happy Link 2000 user since 2003.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 06:04   #6

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 46

Hi
I have a Link2000 from 1997 and have connected all wires to bank #1 as Stu describe. But I still monitor 0,3 to 0,6 V diferents in the voltages between bank 1 and 2. The calculation of ampH is a miss. I have drop it and installed a Victron BMV700 to monitor the capasity and status of the battery bank. The Link 2000 still control the inverter/Charger.
Jens
jensalmdal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single