Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2021, 23:16   #16

Boat: Island Packet 40
Re: Lithium Battery Failures

I list a Victron 100Ah smart battery when a leak let water drip onto the top and it seeped through the battery pole into the BMS circuit board.
Old 24-09-2021, 01:16   #17

Boat: Nordhavn 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnax View Post
Please elaborate. I know of no one whose seen a single mastervolt battery fail and you've seen a few. More confusing is that they had a few and removed the few that failed and continued on. Which voltage and amperage were these batteries? I have 4 24V Mastervolt Lithiums so some real world data would be helpful.

I have 6x of the new Mastervolt 200Ah 24v MLI batteries on my boat and had one battery fail about a month after installation due to a single bad cell (or maybe the internal voltage sensor wire to that cell). Mastervolt replaced the battery but insisted that i pay for an electrician to replace it.

Other than that, we have been very pleased with the Mastervolt system although it is of course vastly more expensive per Ah than a self-built system.
MV Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 01:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Alchemy View Post
I have 6x of the new Mastervolt 200Ah 24v MLI batteries on my boat and had one battery fail about a month after installation due to a single bad cell (or maybe the internal voltage sensor wire to that cell). Mastervolt replaced the battery but insisted that i pay for an electrician to replace it.

Other than that, we have been very pleased with the Mastervolt system although it is of course vastly more expensive per Ah than a self-built system.

Thank you. Mine are the 180Ah 24V. So far great but I hate hearing the story.
ixnax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, lithium