Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2016, 19:56   #1

Boat: Albin Coronado 35(1972)
MC4 Connectors ... lack thereof ...

I swear ... I think Walmart.com has "problems".

I ordered a set of five(5) "pairs" of MC4 Connectors on Walmart.com.

Single sets(one male/one female), costs something like $5.33 each, but the site said there were only 4 left of the individual pairs.

A set of 5 pairs costs something like $23.50 ... a little less than $5 each pair.

So ... I ordered the set that indicated "pairs of connectors ... "pairs"(like in multiple), and as shown to contain 5 pairs of male & female connectors.

Well, I waited with baited breath ... and when the connectors came, there was a single pair of connectors for about $25(with taxes).

Of course, Walmart has NOTHING to do with Walmart.com and visa versa.

Bottom line is(like the rope about two months ago), regardless of what the ad describes or shows and regardless of what the shipping slip indicates(it indicated "pairs"(plural), connectors ... one will get what one gets and there's NO ONE to talk to about it ... believe me ... the store manager spent an hour and a half with Walmart.com, on my behalf, before being told that Walmart.com would no longer talk to him(the manager).

I called three times and twice made it a first tier person, before the connection "got lost). A third call resulted in getting back to a second tier person before losing the connection ... almost three hours of wasted time, since each time I called I had to go through the whole thing over and over again for the first tier person, then the second tier person ... six times I had to completely restate my problem and twice I was told that with the first tier person's name and my refernce number that if the connection got lost, I could skip right to the VERY SAME first tier person ... not true.

Make a long story short ... I have 4-30 watt panels I'm putting on my boat and the panels have MC4 connectors.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get into the MC4 connectors I have, to temporarily make connections with 12 guage wire and still have the option of making use of the MC4 plugs, if I ever get some?
SURV69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 22:07   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Re: MC4 Connectors ... lack thereof ...

Go to renogy I just ordered 5 sets of mc4 connectors from them for ten bucks yesterday .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271294801664...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT