Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2012, 09:03   #1

Boat: Hans Christian 33
Monitoring Rutland 914i, and other Q's

Hey guys and gals, I'm reaching out for some info on wiring because my knowledge only goes so far with my new toys. The last two days I have been installing our new rutland 914 wind gen with the HRSI controller and a victron 600 monitor.

question #1 is there any way to monitor the output of the rutland with victron 600? for some reason i remember hearing that you can monitor charge input with the victron.

#2: upon wiring the rutland should I put the + on one side of the bank (3 g27s) and the negative on the other side?

#3: because there is no mention of this in the manual I'm guessing there is no issue but should i be worried when I kick on my battery charger the juices the battery bank or the alternator for that matter burning out the control monitor to the rutland? I'm guessing there is diodes built into the controller.

Thats all for now, sorry if some of these questions sound rudimentary, trying to get my feet wet with all this fancy monitoring and energy stuff! Ill post some photos of the installation one I clean up the boat a bit!

Thanks,

Jon
Jon Neely is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rutland