Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2011, 13:07   #16

Re: Multiplexing: Digital Switching, E-Plex, C-Zone - Have it? Install it? Your Opini

Hi Again Jim!

As it turns out, I agree with you... Especially on your number 5. I do know E-Plex has been used by several manufactures for many applications with good successes.

My point is and has ALWAYS been a BACKUP system (circuit breakers) and as you say, a simple fuse will work.

I come from an automation back ground and know from experience that technology is Not Always the best way, even though technology has changed all our lives for the better. Simple legacy systems quite often work just fine!
ConTGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 14:00   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Multiplexing: Digital Switching, E-Plex, C-Zone - Have it? Install it? Your Opini

[QUOTE=Katiusha;801274]Just an update from our side: based on our boat builder's advice we've decided to go with C-Zone from BEP Marine: QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what's the electrical draw of a c-zone system (to run the system itself, not the stuff like lights and fans it is controlling)?
estarzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 02:02   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by estarzinger View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's the electrical draw of a c-zone system (to run the system itself, not the stuff like lights and fans it is controlling)?
@ 12V displays draw 180 mA with 130 mA in standby. Output modules 85 mA with 60 mA in standby. Overall it'll be using about 1 A. We're getting solar panels and a wind gen, so we should be covered for this.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 12:47   #19

ConTGo: I have just returned from a trip to the UK to see the E-Plex manufacturer (for some business meetings and training). I brought up the topic of this thread and the issues with the Lagoon 560 in Ft. Lauderdale.

I have been told that there is activity (including some part shipments) in the works over the last week or so in order to get these vessels repaired. It sounds like the vessel manufacturer is now handling the issue along with assistance from E-Plex themselves.

I am sorry to hear that you have had so much difficulty with your vessel. I sincerely hope that it is on its way toward being fully functional very soon.

Jim Kelly
PRS - Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56   #20

I support 100% that E Plex with a Lagoon catamaran is a no go. Who ever consider a Lagoon with EPlex should reconsider. Lagoon can not find a solution and repair now for 9 months and they not keen on support.
Regards
"don't Don't DON'T Do It! I have a 2011 Lagoon Catamaran 560 Sold to me by the Catamaran Company in Fort Lauderdale. My Friend ALSO has a 2011 Both boat have had COMPLETE E-Plex Failures and both Lagoon and the Catamaran Company I have not been able to use my boat one time, NOT ONCE and it sits "dead ship"
oneyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:59   #21

I support 100% that E Plex with a Lagoon catamaran is a no go. Who ever consider a Lagoon with EPlex should reconsider. Lagoon can not find a solution and repair now for 9 months and they not keen on support.
Regards
"don't Don't DON'T Do It! I have a 2011 Lagoon Catamaran 560 Sold to me"
oneyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 19:16   #22

Boat: Dean 5000 sailing catamaran

I just ordered the construction of my new vessel, a D-5000 from Dean Catamarans. They also had problems on a previously built vessel with the Mastervolt system but I was recommended to go with the C-Zone.
Will see how it works...
tomicante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41   #23
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, oneyacht.

Sorry for your troubles.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:49   #24
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

SIMRAD support C-Zone from their MFDs, Thats a bonus

I have a little Can bus solution on the bench running right now, would make a nice distributed system, others irons in the fire first before I consider commercializing it.

Dave