Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2022, 10:15   #1

Boat: Saga 43
NEXT GEN 3.5 KW MARINE DIESEL GENERATOR Questions

Hi Cruisers!

I recently bought my boat and on inspecting the genset I have a few questions that the owner's manual hasn't helped with. If anyone has any resources for the Next Gen 3.5kw such as an exploded diagram or parts diagram that would be very helpful!

First: I noticed that the air intake hose is free upstream of the air filter box. It is positioned into an area that is close to the fresh air flow slots of the sound proof enclosure. It is the smaller diameter hose in the thumbnail below... In the manual it appears that the hose is routed forward into the position the red arrow is pointing to in the other thumbnail. It seems like the configuration of my unit is slightly different than the one pictured in the manual and can't be routed the way it is in the manufactures diagram. Do any of you have a unit similar to mine? If so, is this how your air intake is routed? It just seems strange to me that it would be hanging free like that.

Second: While inspecting this photo I noticed what looks like cracks on the off-white component bolted to the top of the generator. I'm assuming this is the coolant reservoir? Again, the user manual has very little detail and is a slightly different model from mine. Has anyone seen cracking like this? Should I be concerned? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nex Gen.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	261587   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_110235.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	261588  

kellmic5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags