Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2018, 12:44   #31

Boat: dutch barge. 61ft
Re: Please help me with advice on charger/inverter

I am not sure, but even if it I only one enhancement , add-on, it would be worth it.
Since that source can run on an Raspberry PI, it is easy to just buy a Pi and play with it.

Now if you add all the extra functionality, wifi, etc you come close to the market price for a original one, but it gives you the ability to text and add the things you want.

One thing I am adding is 'intelligent bilge control'. Bilges are controlled by a float, but a float needs a defined rise before it acts, and if your bilge is quite flat, it can be a LOT of water in the bilge. So by adding a 'intelligent function' independent and in addition to the float, you can have dry dry bilges and still have the normal functionality of a bilge pump on top.
dutch-barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 12:59   #32
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Cool stuff!
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 16:45   #33

Boat: 50’ Bavaria

Thanks for the help, everyone. I installed a Victron Multiplus 1600W charger/inverter this morning, along with the CCGX. Very easy job, all working lovely. My new microwave/steam oven pulls 1500W according to the ccgx when it’s on full chat, so that works beautifully for defrosting meals and making tea for the admiral without having to wait for the kettle on the hob. I also managed to free up half a cupboard with the install, so a good day today. Now to play with the remote stuff, knowing that solar/generator will be relatively easy to add in future.
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:39   #34

Boat: dutch barge. 61ft

now with the ccgx you can set the 2nd ac out to go on when there is enough power to heat up the hot water.
I also use the ccgx to remotely turn on the heat just before I arrive, so the boat is warm and cozy when I enter.
when you add solar just get a Victron MPPT and it wil show how much it generates on the CCGX display / VRM.
You can even update software via VRM now
dutch-barge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, inverter, lease