Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2024, 23:23   #1

Boat: Saga 43
Replacement LED for Steaming/deck light???

I have a Forespar ML-2 combo deck/steaming light that needs a new lower (deck) bulb. The original MR-16 incandescent is burned out and of course I want an LED replacement. There are tons of online replacements but all seem to have a GU pin measurement of 5.3 mm. The pins on the original bulb are slightly over 6 mm pin to pin.

The replacement at Forespar is $51 which seems really high. I can't believe they would have used a unique pin size just for this product but cannot find a replacement online. Has anyone worked through this issue? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3730.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	291031  
RTN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2024, 06:57   #2

Boat: Grampian 30
Re: Replacement LED for Steaming/deck light???

I’m not doubting your measurement but, your pic looks like a common MR16 and GU5.3 is the standard base. Any chance the pins got splayed a bit during removal? Have you tried inserting a new MR16, just to see if it will work? Have you inspected the base or back side of the reflector to see if it has a stamp or etching indicating a part number or base identifier?

There is a GY6.35 base but it is associated with capsule type bulbs without an integrated reflector like the MR.

I could find only one supplier claiming to have an MR16 with a GU6 base, but I would be surprised if it is affordable. https://lightbulbsandmore.com/produc...aylight-5000k/
Nekton73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, men