Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2009, 02:55   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
" hear sizzel in the siwtch. "
That sizzle means DANGER WILL ROBINSON! It is, literally, electricity arcing across contacts (dirty, worn, corroded, etc.) and the arcing brings heat and fire danger...
INDEED !!!

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 14:02   #17

Boat: Spindrift 43 SV Falkor
I have power.
Took me a while to fix everything but I got it.
Cleaned and recrimped the connections, replaced most female push on connectors with loops and screwed them in place. Then replaced the breaker for the outlets.
Then un wired the acessory wire that someone had ran to under the v bearth and terminated by cutting off the acessory. What the heck are people thinking.
But I now have good shore power and my battery charger is on, which is good because right now its the only thing keeping the boat afloat.
b-rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 20:28   #18
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"What the heck are people thinking. "
I'd phrase it more strongly than that. (G)
Welcome to the world of used boats and previous owners. To badly magle the phrase from Field of Dreams, if you can dream it--someone tried to do it that way. You can't assume anything on a used boat is "right" unless you've had hands and eyes all the way from one end of it to the other. And in some cases (like sails, mast & boom) you can't assume they're right unless you can check them against the factory plans.

No big deal, unless you're ordering new sails, and find out the PO replaced the boom with one that's two inches off, so your new sails just won't fit. Ooopsie.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shore power