Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2024, 19:54   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Leopard 40 2009
Tripping shore breaker - 30 amp

I’m plugging this boat in for the first time at a transient dock to 30 amp service and repeatedly trip the shore 30 amp breaker after about 5 minutes. We are connected using 75 feet of 30 amp cable. Voltage shows 110 V, and shore power on Victron shows 3,000 watts (+- 15 w) and that calculates to 27 amps. This agreed to analog panel meter. Nothing feels warm, except Victron charger/inverter which is pleasantly warm. Ideas?

Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt." -- Eric Sevareid
John_Trusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 20:29   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Tripping shore breaker - 30 amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Trusty View Post
I’m plugging this boat in for the first time at a transient dock to 30 amp service and repeatedly trip the shore 30 amp breaker after about 5 minutes. We are connected using 75 feet of 30 amp cable. Voltage shows 110 V, and shore power on Victron shows 3,000 watts (+- 15 w) and that calculates to 27 amps. This agreed to analog panel meter. Nothing feels warm, except Victron charger/inverter which is pleasantly warm. Ideas?
Limit incoming power (Victron settings) and if you stay there, report it to marina. Most probable cause is their breaker needs replacement. The complicating factor is that the boat is new to you so you don’t know if it’s installation is 100%

s/v Jedi is online now   Reply With Quote