Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2023, 17:24   #1

Boat: Cape Barren Goose
Unserviceable XANTREX Smartcharge 60A

I have a pair of Xantrex Smartcharge 60A Chargers I bought new. They are connected to charge my bank of 8 x 220 AHr 6V Lifeline pbatterries connected to be 4 x banks 12V batteries. The charger is connected through the Xantrex remote panel that enables you to connect the chargers in parallel ie charging at 120A if needed.

Both chargers were new when I bought them though I stored them in my shed when I rewired the whole boat. Now they are installed they are out of Warranty.

Anyway, one charger (set as the master) doesn't charge at all. My multimeter shows no charging when switched on even though the charger says it is charging.

The other charger only charges to 30% max - even though I have set it to charge at 100% and I know the batteries are down

No fault codes come up on the Master charger.

I have done a hard reset still nothing. I took the Master charger home and tried to charge another battery I have in my workshop and the charger still doesn't charge

I tried to contact Xantrex but they took 2 weeks to get back to me initially and asked question which were already answered in my first email. They have been completely useless.

I can't get anyone in Australia who wants/can to fix them. One major supplier told me they were rubbish. I think I agree with him. Other posts on this forum about the 40A version confirms Xantrex have a problem with these units but are failing to acknowledge it.

Should I ditch them and start again? Can I fix them somehow? If not, what do you recommend to install to keep my bank charged? Like most of us, I have a limited budget but my battery bank cost me squllions .

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2023, 19:10   #2

Re: Unserviceable XANTREX Smartcharge 60A

are they "truecharge 2" chargers? I have never seen a xatranx "smartcharge"

lots of true charge 2 chargers failed in 1-2 years. our local supplier stopping selling them because of so many returns.

lots of older yellow true charge 1's are still going strong though.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 20:26   #3

Boat: Cape Barren Goose
Re: Unserviceable XANTREX Smartcharge 60A

Sorry I meant Truecharge not Smartcharge - my mistake

Tags
service