Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 17:06   #1

Vetus Generator Problems

I have a Vetus Gen Set GHS4.5 1K powered by Farymann Single Cylinder diesel. Problem:- Engine runs but does not generate any power. So far had generator out of boat, and all electrics were taken to an electrical rewind workshop who examined it and said there were no faults, but were unable to check the regulator. The unit was re-built and run, regulator checked by an electrical engineer who advised the regulator was faulty. After much research Farymann advised the manufacturer of this regulator was no longer in business and there were no more spare parts. They also advised that a regulator was not necessary for the generator to produce 220 volts power, they also advised changing the capacitor even though it had been previously checked. I fitted a new capacitor and still the engine runs but produces no power. Also I excited the system by using an electric drill, which gave 20 to 30 seconds of power and then stopped generating. Also have excited the system using a 12 volt battery fused(2 amp) with no result. What do I do now? Vetus have chosen to ignore all emails.
DaveGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator