Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 20:16   #1

Voltage drop in cable tripping low voltage alarm - batteries OK

I have a Victron multi-plus 3000, 900 AH lithium bank. The bank is in the workbench which is about a 12 foot run to the inverter / charger (stops at the battery switch first). When running multiple devices in the galley (say the induction cooker and the toaster oven), the low battery voltage alarm will go off and cut the 120V power.

I've measured voltage at the battery terminal during this event and the batteries are fine. I don't want to lower the alarm voltage, as there could be a legit case when the battery voltage is too low to run the inverter, but how do I stop the alarm going off just because of sag in the cables?

Or do I replace the 4/0 with 2 - 2/0 cables?
sailingunity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, batteries