Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2020, 13:22   #1

Voyage 480 Electrified

Have any of you chartered the Voyage 480 Electrified in the BVI?

I thought I had read some post a while back from one who was going to charter the boat, but my searches have not worked. I have not seen any reviews of this boat other than one from a magazine, but would like to hear a review from an actual user.
Bullshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 17:30   #2

Re: Voyage 480 Electrified

To the top
Old 23-04-2020, 12:31   #3

FYI I did find a review of a charter on this boat from June 2019, on another forum. It was a very positive review in many ways.
Old 23-04-2020, 13:50   #4

We don't sell Voyage catamarans, but we are familiar with their boats and their staff and believe they are some of the best catamarans out there today. They aren't the most expensive or made of carbon, but they have smart designs and just work. And, the electric is a great benefit because it is quiet, no fumes, etc. Voyage makes the boats they charter and so unlike some manufacturers that are speccing them down to make them cheap, Voyage is making sure they are reliable and rugged so that they are efficient to operate in their own charter fleet.

I would highly encourage anyone to consider a Voyage and especially an electric one if you are looking to charter in the BVIs or elsewhere.
GreenYachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 14:09   #5

The poster who chartered and reviewed Electrified said they used the A/C and watermaker every day and their power consumption was high, but he did not know how much diesel was burned because Voyage did not charge him for fuel. He guessed 60-70 gallons in 9 days.

I have not sailed a Voyage boat but I tried to find an apples to apples comparison in Tortola and quickly found a 2019 FP 47 online for nearly the same price ($11,000 compared to $11,450) but normally you would have to pay for fuel.

To me, the fact that the Electrified is competitively priced in charter service, and also has the perk of the quiet electric engines with no smoke provides a proof-of-concept for the future, at least for a BVI-charter type of usage. I suspect it would be less than ideal for blue-water passage making, although I read that it was sailed over from South Africa.

I would love to charter that boat but I need some richer friends, even though the boat sleeps 10.
Old 01-04-2023, 13:24   #6

This is an old thread. It seems like in the last 2-3 years, surely somebody on this forum would have chartered this boat. Anybody have any reviews from experience with it?
Old 31-10-2023, 12:10   #7

Have not chartered one but am looking to buy one now.

Darn good boats!!

Dennis
Direstraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 14:49   #8

Nice! I hear that they are very nice boats! Please post about it when you get it.