Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2021, 05:38   #16

Boat: Hunter Legend 40
Re: When is a battery bank full?

Rolls Reply for MY situation three-Rolls 4D AGM Batteries with a total of 630Amp Hrs being charged with a Magnum ME2012 (note I had a mistake earlier in my post stating 830Amp Hrs):

I would put the temp sensor on the warmest battery in the string (Probably the Middle one) it would need to be on the side of the battery about 1/2 of the way down from the top.

Bulk and Absorb should run at 14.7 volts. (at 25 degree C)

The Absrob timer should go for 3.19 Hours (3:10 to :15 mins.)
Or when current going into the battery (Assuming it's healthy) drops below 2% for a full 60 mins. (8 to 12amps)

Then the charger should go into float. Many chargers you don't have access to adjust time, so you need to lower the percentage set point to adjust for time.
Mike Crothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 05:56   #17

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crothers View Post
Rolls Reply for MY situation three-Rolls 4D AGM Batteries with a total of 630Amp Hrs being charged with a Magnum ME2012 (note I had a mistake earlier in my post stating 830Amp Hrs):

I would put the temp sensor on the warmest battery in the string (Probably the Middle one) it would need to be on the side of the battery about 1/2 of the way down from the top.

Bulk and Absorb should run at 14.7 volts. (at 25 degree C)

Or when current going into the battery (Assuming it's healthy) drops below 2% for a full 60 mins. (8 to 12amps)

Then the charger should go into float. Many chargers you don't have access to adjust time, so you need to lower the percentage set point to adjust for time.

So....same as their literature. Fancy stuff
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 11:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crothers View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thnx, Mike.

So, pretty much what we've been saying. Although they did leave out the important part: "...at absorption voltage."

Also, since " Many chargers you don't have access to adjust time..." what most of us do is just shut it off and restart it. It goes through bulk to absorption and later to float, so you can see the trailing amps at the correct voltage.

They confirmed the what, we just add the real life How To.

Good luck.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery