Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 22:16   #16

Boat: Bertram 46.6 FBMY
Re: Wind with LifePO4

Hello,

They never mentioned "continuous". Only the fact that the HVC on the relay I am using is set for a max of 14.2 (3.55v HVC).

After speaking to CleanPower, my minibms has a max of 3.6v, so the absolute maximum HV is 3.6v, and all means of charging is cut when 3.6v is reached. It will only be continuous until 3.6v is reached, then stopped by the house board.

The First HVC on the really in my original diagram is at 3.55v. Only if this relay were to fail, would the bank ever get to 3.6v.

3.55v is what the "cut off" voltage is.

My main questions were focused on how to incorporate a wind turbine and divert power to a dump load, to keep the turbine under load.

It is fantastic that you have your bank set to be no more then 3.5v. Is that while using a wind turbine and solar panels as your main charging source ? I am trying to divert current away from the bank and keep the turbine under constant load. How do you do it ? It is established that this is done on my system at 3.55v max, or I can adjust the solar & wind controller to dump at a lower voltage, and it may be 3.5v. Is that what you do ?

Alan
Hkalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifepo4, wind