Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2022, 20:03   #16

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Windlass motor arm scorched

Maybe you know all this already?

"We talked to the manufacturer, Lighthouse … and Jordan sent us specific instructions for everything from changing out brushes in the motor to replacing seals, you name it, Lighthouse provides DIY (do it yourself) instructions. And a parts list so you can order replacement parts. If you need to contact Jordan, try e-mail at info@lighthouse-mfg-usa.com or call/Skype, USA # 951-683-5078"

Windlass Woes … Preventative Maintenance?Commuter Cruiser | Commuter Cruiser

coopec43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 20:14   #17

Boat: 44ft mono hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowdrie View Post
My understanding is that Lighthouse uses a proprietary motor, not some repurposed "starter" motor?
Do you have any thoughts as to why the motor failed?
I ask that as I'm wondering how brushes could just crack, (perhaps defective, spring tension, etc.).
On a side note, have you been generally pleased with the features, construction, and operation of the Lighthouse?
The lighthouse has been bullet proof to this point. It could happily pull a 40 kg anchor out of mud at 30 metres.The only gripe i have is part of the on deck housing rusts but understand they had a bad batch a few years ago.
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 20:18   #18

Boat: 44ft mono hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperpete View Post
That’s a damned fine windlass Olly75. Indonesia’s depths sure tests anchor windlasses to the limit, hope you have great success with he repair.
Yes its proper deep out here! The guy is cracking on so will post an update once i get it back.
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:36   #19

Boat: Dufour Nautitech435/FP Venezia42/Baltec Visiona 40/Catalac 10m used as a river cruiser

By the way: have you checked the diameter of the cables which connects the windlass to the batteries? Often the diameter is less than optimal and so the windlass does not work at full power because instead of 12V or more you can me measure less. The cables will be hot and even less power has the windlass as the electricity is used to warm up.
onavegador is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, wind, windlass