Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 16:37   #1

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
WTB: 18AWG wire in various colors

Can anyone please point me to a place where I can buy 18AWG wire in various colors? I want to make a ABYC wiring loom for my Actisense EMU-1 (digital gauges) and need about 5m of each of :

Grey
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Pink
Purple
Tan

I tried Pacer but they wont ship to NZ, and wont take international credit cards.
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 17:08   #2
Senior Cruiser

Boat: Bathtub
Re: WTB: 18AWG wire in various colors

You might be much better off purchasing a multi-conductor cable and using that. Ancor sells tinned marine multi-conductor cables in various configurations, and so do other manufactures. If you are married to certain exact.colors then colored shrink tube is your friend here to re-identify the wires at each end. Throw a larger shrink tube over the end of the cable jacket where you stripped it back and for all intents and purposes the wires will be the exact colors you want at each end going into the jacket with a nice shrink tube sleeve hiding the transition.
BlackHeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 17:14   #3

Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeron View Post
You might be much better off purchasing a multi-conductor cable and using that. Ancor sells tinned marine multi-conductor cables in various configurations, and so do other manufactures. If you are married to certain exact.colors then colored shrink tube is your friend here to re-identify the wires at each end. Throw a larger shrink tube over the end of the cable jacket where you stripped it back and for all intents and purposes the wires will be the exact colors you want at each end going into the jacket with a nice shrink tube sleeve hiding the transition.
Yeah thats one way and not a bad suggestion. I would really like to have the right colors. I will try to get in contact with Ancor and see what they say. I am surprised there isnt a marine store somwhere in the USA that will make a legth of these colors up and sell them to me.
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 17:16   #4

Boat: Outremer 50S

J.A. Russell?

Ideal?

I was able to pick up tinned wire from both of them at their Whangarei branches. Ideal shows various colors of 0.75mm2 tinned marine wire online. No idea if either of them carries that material and size by the meter (rather than the spool).

You're looking at about $15 worth of wire and probably the same in shipping, if you can't find it PM me and I can possibly order and mail. Caveat that we're in the lower 48 until the 14th, then disappearing back into the hinterlands.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 13:23   #5

Boat: C&C 42 Landfall

Have you tried https://acdcmarineinc.com in Torrance CA
I'm about to place an order for a Diesel instruments panel. I'm getting rid of the infamous troublesome volvo Penta MDI...
yobird is offline   Reply With Quote