Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2018, 10:00   #1

Xantrex 1800

I have a Xantrex 1800 ProSine inverter. It's wired from the batteries only. There is no AC in connection.

After 6 months the first one generated an error code "System Shutdown". I followed the instructions, basically shut off all loads and restart. After 10 seconds, with no loads, it repeated the error code "System Shutdown". The manual says this error code represents "Overload or system hardware fault." It is only hooked up to the 220 panel for "Outlets" and "Microwave", there are no other loads. There is a make-or-break switch between the Inverter and the 220 panel that selects either shore power/Generator, OR, the inverter. The inverter was never overloaded.

Xantrex replaced the unit without requiring the old one to be shipped back, guess they weren't interested in what went wrong.

Now only 5 months later, the second Xantrex 1800 has failed, with the same error code. This time when I turned it on to use the microwave there were absolutely no loads on it at all! After being turned on, within 10 or 15 seconds, it went into the error code.

First, I would never buy another product from Xantrex.

Second, is this normal for Xantrex? How many people have had poor results?
Old 28-12-2019, 16:29   #2
cruiser

Re: Xantrex 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylelk View Post
I have a Xantrex 1800 ProSine inverter. It's wired from the batteries only. There is no AC in connection.

After 6 months the first one generated an error code "System Shutdown". I followed the instructions, basically shut off all loads and restart. After 10 seconds, with no loads, it repeated the error code "System Shutdown". The manual says this error code represents "Overload or system hardware fault." It is only hooked up to the 220 panel for "Outlets" and "Microwave", there are no other loads. There is a make-or-break switch between the Inverter and the 220 panel that selects either shore power/Generator, OR, the inverter. The inverter was never overloaded.

Xantrex replaced the unit without requiring the old one to be shipped back, guess they weren't interested in what went wrong.

Now only 5 months later, the second Xantrex 1800 has failed, with the same error code. This time when I turned it on to use the microwave there were absolutely no loads on it at all! After being turned on, within 10 or 15 seconds, it went into the error code.

First, I would never buy another product from Xantrex.

Second, is this normal for Xantrex? How many people have had poor results?
Yep I had 2 go bad - X sucks
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote