Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2011, 18:51   #1

Xantrex LinkPro - Advanced Functionality Questions

I have a Xantrex LinkPro which I'm preparing to install and there are a few features that are listed as accessories or in the owner's manual and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. if not, I'll call Xantrex tomorrow and share with everyone.

1) Anyone have the LinkPro Communication Kit (PN# 854-2019-01) and the LinkPro software to connect the LinkPro to a PC? I use a PC as a main component in my NavStation so connecting the batery monitor and getitng the data sounds great. I've not so much as seen screenshots of the LinkPro software though.

2) There are two "dry alarm contact" teminals on the linkPro, but I see no mention of what they do and how to use them? Are these for wiring an audible or visual alert for instance...

3) In the Owner's Manual (yeah I read those things), there is a reference (F6.7) to a VA Input Terminal. Anyone have more information on that?

Thanks a lot!
-p
Old 19-10-2011, 19:22   #2

Boat: Pearson 422 "Island Dream"
Send a message via AIM to CaptPatAg
Re: Xantrex LinkPro - Advanced Functionality questions

Hi -p I have the Xantrex LinkLite. I have used the dry contacts to turn on a relay switch. I use the relay switch to shut my generator off when my charge reaches a set percentage.
I am sure you can hook any number of things up to the contacts (lights, buzzers etc.) Just keep the load under 1 amp. If over 1 amp just add a 12 volt coil relay. P. S I have a Pearson 422, #3. Sitting in Lupron' D. R. right now. Pat
CaptPatAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 14:18   #3

Boat: Catalina 270LE #166
Re: Xantrex LinkPro - Advanced Functionality Questions

I have a small LED I want to wire in to the relay. Do I connect it to A1 and the negative supply voltage, or do I connect it to A1 and A2?
bluenoser613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 16:27   #4

Boat: steel ketch Futuro

Hi everybody.
does everybody know all the answers or this is just forgotten topic?
I got stolen my Link Lite, so I bought a new one - Lite again.
I have two question.
First is alarm... A1 and A2. It is nice from Xantrex to put thouse terminal, but they don't mention, howit is working. Are those two different alarms (just +, - you take from common bus?)
or is it +b and - for alarm? Which is + and which is -? For relay is no differen, but for my buzer yes. Which values in setup starts this (those) alarme(s)?
Regarding Pro version. I am very interesting to get more information... PC have to be connected all the time, or you can connect later and download information?
Thanx!
I am ready for next questions.
Pavel
mysacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 16:47   #5

I never used any of the added functionality or logging to a PC as I asked about in my original questions.

For us, once we were on the hook full-time running the PC consumed too much power to run it all the time. A Raspberry Pi would be a good option now though, but it was not available to us then.

-p