Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2023, 13:18   #1

Boat: Dufour Gibsea 51
Xantrex xc 5012 running hot

I have a friend who is staying on my boat for me currently as I am back at work for the next couple weeks - and periodically doing battery charges etc for me.

He messaged me that the Xantrex XC 5012 battery charger has displayed "charger hot" the last time he used it, he shut it down to avoid damage or fire - it is under the Nav table in the open air - so air movement is not suspect.

Not being there I suspect the cooling fans are not working properly after years of salt air on board. Has anyone had this experience or replaced / cleaned the fans in either this unit or one similar? I'm trying to find part numbers for the fans etc online but I'm not finding a ton on info. Would like to order spares to bring with me when I head back. I don't feel comfortable asking him to open the charger up for me to look inside to get part numbers etc.

Thanks!
Phillip
PhillipPalacios is offline   Reply With Quote