Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruisers Forum Sponsors > Vendor Spotlight - Great Deals for CF Members!
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2014, 08:23   #16

Re: We'd love your feedback on our Second-Hand Boat Reviews...

Hi there,

Apologies for the fact I haven't been on here for a few days, I've been off sick (still am but won't go into that) and unfortunately as a small company there is no one else to pick this up while I'm incapacitated, anyway enough of that.

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time out to look at our site/buyers guides and give feedback, I know you've all got much better things to do with your time, so I really appreciate it.

David_Old_Jersey - thanks for your suggestions on more photos, links to owners groups, blogs etc.

I understand what you're saying about the content being too generic at times, we're doing as much as we can with the resources we currently have, we do have access to some service engineers who can give us great feedback on the boats and issues they find, but not all of them. We were hoping by coming on this forum that we could connect with people who have owned the specific make and model we are reviewing and then get honest thoughts from them, from an owners perspective, we thought that people would really like that and it would build up a great and very honest overview on the boat.

We are working on building up the database of reviews over time and we want to cover all different types of craft, we do have a request link on our website, so that people can suggest a boat for us to review if there is something specific they are interested in.

Thanks to you and Salty Monkey for the links to sites that you find valuable, it's great to have an idea of what people are looking for so that we can hone our reviews so that people will find them interesting and helpful.

Also we'll certainly look into pulling together an article on self-surveying a boat. I'll let you know when it's live

La Porte Rouge - we want to create a large database of boat reviews that will give people an honest overview of a boat and will give them some helpful/informative information which they can add to their knowledge base when going through the process of deciding what boat they would like to own next. We understand that buying a boat is a big decision and that lots of research needs to be done, we wanted to try and give people an extra tool to use when going through the process and thought that getting other owners/ex-owners to add their thoughts would also be very helpful.

Celestialsailor - thanks for your feedback on your experience of the site in general, it's interesting to hear that you experienced some glitches as we don't see these, not sure if that is because of browser, location, broadband speed etc. etc. but I'm certainly going to highlight it to the tech team to see if we can find the problem.

With regards to the currency converter, we do have a currency converter button at the top of each page but, perhaps we need to move it, I can see that when you scroll down that disappears, so that's definitely something we'll look into.

Thanks once again

View thousands of boats for sale at Rightboat.com
Rightboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews