Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2022, 10:31   #241
cruiser

Re: US coasts sea level rise 10 to 12 inches by 2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Solyndra commited fraud. And even including money lost to Solyndra, that investment program netted a profit to the US government. But truth is irrelevant to some.

Another classic lie. Gore is conventionally wealthy (stocks, directorships, etc). His fees etc from any climate-related speaking go into his nonprofit.
OK according to a 2021 article in the Financial Times"1. Al Gore was worth 1.4 millio when he left the VP job. In 2021 he is worth 210 million. He made $30 million on Apple stock given to him in 2004. He made another 30million from Current TV when Al Jazeera bought it . He paid nothing for these gains both were "gifts. He made $98000000 from the movie Inconvienient which he owns entirely and still gets several million a year off it. He has had extensive fossil fuel and mining investments -many which he inherited. He has a big jet and 5 SUV s . and lotsa real estate. Does conventionally wealthy include all money made because of gifts bribing your political influence? Did Apple give him $30000000 just because of his computer skills??? lol
Old 19-02-2022, 10:33   #242

Dark Money at work

https://drexel.edu/now/archive/2013/...limate-Change/
Old 19-02-2022, 10:36   #243
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeworth View Post
I wouldn’t use the Covid vaccines as an example, no. If it was just a drug company telling me that the drug is safe and effective and there were other independent groups saying that it wasn’t I would be very careful by taking that drug. That’s what happen with statins and opioids for example. Also cigarettes, sugar, in the use of fossil fuels.

On the other hand, if a drug came along that was approved by multiple governments, any number of independent universities and hospitals, and had been put into billions of people and the results studied, with the only ill effects being that right wing nattering nabobs got their panties in a bunch, I would probably take it.
Pfizers "Crestor" is a statin which was vying as most profitable drug of all time and has brought tens of billions of profit to Pfizer--your saying its a fraud???
Old 19-02-2022, 11:01   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Source [for claim re Solyndra]?
One of many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoleo View Post
Funny- I read Gore made $98000000 from his movie. Gore was also a huge prop for the Solyndra fraud.
Where? In an oil-company colouring book?

Pretty much all you could want to know about Al Gore's wealth.

AlGoraphobia is serious... but curable. Reality is a successful treatment.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:05   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

AlGoraphobia is serious... but curable. Reality is a successful treatment.
And remember Gore's Law

Quote:
As an online climate change debate grows longer, the probability that denier arguments will descend into attacks on Al Gore approaches one.

Here's a hint. Al Gore could be short, evil and fond of child sacrifice. He could emit more CO2 snoring at night than Christopher Monckton does all year. And his movie could be even more inaccurate than the Great Global Warming Swindle. But this wouldn't change a thing. What matters is not Al Gore's character but science. And, in the case of climate change, it's awfully compelling.
Long Ago and Not True Anyway: Gore's Law
Old 19-02-2022, 11:19   #246

Boat: Taswell 49 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post

I'm not Dark Money.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:41   #247

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Yes, he is only off by close to 50 million dollars. And I don’t think that movie was made for free. Reality, such a wonderful thing. And, by the way, the rising water does not give a damn.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:53   #248

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzyCan View Post
I think a lot of people on this forum need to watch a movie called "Don't look up". It seems to fit most of the replies in here. lol.
Agreed, head in the sand.
I'm thinking, Ha! Florida the keys, under, the coasts of Florida under, up to the inland.
It's will then be time to move the marinas inland 100 miles or so.

Hey 30 years, hope we all get to see it.
I'll be in my 90s, so maybe we'll talk about it again?

Boatyarddog
Old 19-02-2022, 13:01   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
Uh oh...

I've noticed a number of people on my ignore list from the Canadian Covid thread are starting to post here, which means, this thread will probably devolve into a stinking mess and be closed.

Hope I'm wrong.
Old 19-02-2022, 14:38   #250

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeworth View Post
You do realize this guy Moore Admits to being both a text cheat and a deadbeat dad. You can look it up. I’m not taking advice from a guy like that

Classic alarmist argumentum ad hominem!
When you've got no rebuttal, attack the messenger
Old 19-02-2022, 14:41   #251

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Coast Murray View Post
Uh oh...

I've noticed a number of people on my ignore list from the Canadian Covid thread are starting to post here, which means, this thread will probably devolve into a stinking mess and be closed.

Hope I'm wrong.
Too late, it already devolved into a stinking mess once the same old CAGW alarmists started flooding the thread.
Old 19-02-2022, 14:50   #252
cruiser

only real sailors can handle "stinking messes".
Old 19-02-2022, 14:54   #253

Boat: Amel 54

Interesting read.

https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher...vironmentalist
Old 19-02-2022, 15:05   #254
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHughV View Post
I think the definition or term if you wish..."scientist" is bandied about a little too much...

What makes a "scientist" a " scientist".....does one go to University for this....a degree in Scientology....???? how does one become a "scientist"....I wanna know....is there an online course ??? Can anyone be a "scientist"???....what is the minimum education qualities to become a " scientist"???...who bestows this honorific on a person.....another " scientist ??

I ponder these things.....was watching one of these "universe" shows recently.....planet earth....in the grand scheme of the universe...the universe as we know it...amounts to less than a grain of sand in all the worlds beaches...us humans that occupy this grain of sand are mere microbes in the grand scheme of things....I seriously think it is presumptuous to think that we know much of anything.....let alone try to "predict"...something that may....or may not....happen in 50 years.

But whatever happens.....good or bad....or nothing....people will survive and adapt...50 years from now....people will say..." it was always like this"...
Good point. 50 years ago there were zero Climate Scientists. Now there are millions, mostly self appointed-all angling for government grants. Al Gore routinely quotes 997 of them as being certain of their "models'.
Old 19-02-2022, 17:24   #255
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

There are a lot of "guru's" that try to predict the stock market.... haha haha...so funny...it's mostly TV fodder...there is not a single person on earth that can predict the stock market, yet every financial TV show has hundreds of "experts" from every corner of the world, with a gazillion graphs, theories and formula's, all of whom claim to be "in the know" about what the market or particular stock is going to do based in any number of theories...haha ha.....exscuse me while I fetch another beer..TV shows need fodder to produce their shows...and more importantly to suck in advertising dollars

I see climate "predictions" in much the same vein. Seems like many people have an agenda of sorts at play. For people that "play" the stock market, the above is fodder. For people interested in "global warming"...it's much the same.....they will follow every story, true or not, for what purpose....even if true....for what purpose?

If a meteor were to strike planet earth....for sure...with one caveat...nobody knows exactly where or when......most people are thinking...what's the odds of it hitting my head....??? Probably marginal at best......10-12" of "maybe" ocean level rise is in the same bracket of " maybe's.....

I live at the coast, will 10-12" make a difference...??.... I doubt it........firstly, it wont' happen all in one day, it will be some small incremental rise as to make little difference and noticed by no-one..10" over 50 years is so insignificantly small....were it even true...that I can say with absolute confidence, that 99.9999% of the people living on the coast will give it scant attention.

People that live in the USA have access to the "weather channel"...seriously, if you were to be the producer of this channel, you have to wondering how the hell am I going to find stuff to produce 24/7...day in...day out...this why hurricanes are such a big thing...it gives the weather channels an opportunity to justify their reason for being....they will have reporters on every street corner, hanging on to lamp posts for good affect...trying to make 50 mph sound like the end of the world is nigh.
They are not selling the weather....they are selling advertising...the weather is just a small inconsequential reason to give them a platform to sell advertising.

Climate change...in my view....is much the same......be it a political agenda....financial or what ever.....there is purpose behind the alarmist drama.
Closed Thread