Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2021, 16:23   #16

Re: 1984 Catalina 27 with Trailer $12,900

Hi - can you send me more information - age of sails, # of sails, hours on motor, last serviced (motor and any other work), # of owners (if known), last surveyed, is she still in the water now or hauled for winter, any significant leaks, when were the online photos taken - additional photos and any other information is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Pete
PeteN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 17:49   #17

Boat: Catalina 27

Hi, Pete. I am happy to answer any questions that I can. I will post it here just in case anyone else has the same questions. I purchased the boat about 5-6 years ago with my ex from a dealer in Cincinnati. I am only aware of one other owner. I am not sure of the age of the sails. There are 2. They came with the boat. The jib is in excellent shape. The mainsail has some wear, but is functional. There are about 149 hours on the motor. I don't know when the boat was last surveyed. The boat is in the water and ready to sail. Lots of boats are still sailing here in the Chesapeake. Many stay in the water all year. The solar exhaust fan in the v-berth drips a little if we have a monsoon-like rain. It is the only leak of which I am aware. All cushions are stowed when I am not on the boat, so they are all clean and dry. The boat didn't look like it does now when it was purchased. Its condition is no accident. It was lovingly maintained by my ex (an engineer) and myself during the past 5-6 years. He babied it and took care of all of the engine maintenance and technical work. I regularly oiled the teak, cleaned it, assisted with bottom painting and shrink wrapping. We shrink wrapped other boats on the lake it was on as well. The boat was pulled out of the water every winter up north. I am selling it because I am unable to maintain or sail it on my own. My ex has offered to help maintain it (he bought a bigger boat that he plans to retire on), but I am ready to let it go. I want it to stay pristine and go to a good home. The photos were taken this summer in the Chesapeake, with exception of the trailer photo (May this year in PA prior to shipping to Chesapeake) and the photo with the sails up (a couple of years ago). Since purchase, all of the navy canvas was replaced. The cushions were all reupholstered with indoor/outdoor fabric. The solar panel was installed. This spring, the mast wiring harness was changed by a professional rigging company. The mast lights were checked by the riggers and they changed one lightbulb that was not working. It is now an LED. There are custom teak doors that are about 3 years old. They are always stowed when I am not on board. They were very expensive. They are not pictured because the plexiglass in one of the panels needs new silicone. I just haven't had time to do it. The rolling furler was installed since the boat was purchased, as well. The oil and engine coolant were changed this season. The engine belt and raw water pump propeller were also changed. The boat only went out for about 3 short trips on the bay since it was brought to the Chesapeake in May and the regular maintenance was done. I do go to the marina and start it up regularly even though it is not going out. She is ready to stretch her sails and hit the water! Please let me know if you think of any additional questions.

Melissa
NewBeginings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 17:57   #18

Boat: CL14 #1179

Good deal, trailer alone is $5k
Wilyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 18:58   #19

Thanks for your input! It is a very good deal. I paid more than what I am selling it for since it is the off season, and a lot of time and money was invested in it.
Old 01-12-2021, 19:42   #20

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Beautiful Catalina 27!
If you were closer to Oregon I would buy it and take it to the Sea of Cortez.
I’m in the market for a 27’ - 30’ for some winter sunshine breaks.
pdxsailordiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 16:29   #21

That will be awesome! I hope you find a great boat soon!

Tags
catalina, trailer