Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2022, 14:15   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440
2006 Lagoon 440 / 4 cabin

Hello,
entertaining the idea and mostly gaining interest in our Lagoon 440 that is lying in the BVI currently. She has had some work done but she is mostly original.
Probably the biggest work is she has had all the bulkheads re-tabbed by professionals when we had it surveyed and wouldn't buy her unless the work was done by the pro's. We have before and after survey's to document the work. Other than that (which is a huge deal with these cats) she has brand spanking new sails, new rubberized style tramps, some new working rigging (main halyard, jib sheets, davit lines...i'm sure I'll remember more) bottom job last fall, main sail pack, brand new aluminium 11 foot dinghy with new 10 hp outboard. Going down next couple months to have standing rigging inspected, new bimini canvassed and possibly much more to add when I get back to see what I was able to get done. Pictures show blue canvas, she has grey canvas now: jib leech wrap, main sail pack, bimini canvas. Engines (6500) and generator (high) are original.

Our biggest conundrum is selling her really. I have been looking for a sailing cat for years and this one popped up during the Covid. We payed a fair price for her and are willing to pass that along with the upgrade costs. Not trying to "make" any money really; she is a B.O.A.T. after all.

If she doesn't sell in the VI's we will be sailing her up to Tampa Bay (2023) to attempt a sale/sail or maybe we keep her because she is just to dang much fun. Not sure yet.

If you think it would be better for us to sell her where she is, please let me know.
I won't update all she has since there are so many L440's out there you can look for yourself, she has most of what all the others do. I'll send pics and actually talk to whomever is truly interested in moving forward.
Thanks for looking down this far....$299K starting price
PM with serious interest and or suggestions
J-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB port.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	256377   Click image for larger version

Name:	bow beach FB.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	256378  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB sunset BVI.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	256379  
sailmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2023, 06:47   #2

Re: 2006 Lagoon 440 / 4 cabin

This is an old post but more pics and a equipment list would good.

also where is the boat registered is it legal in the us.

Thanks
Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2023, 08:08   #3

Hello
This post was a bit old. It was when I was not having fun with her and was looking at options
Since then she has had a major refit.
New SD 60 drives yes both. New kind that takes engine oil and has all kinks out
New sails
New main sail bag
New asymmetrical spinnaker
New Bimini
New 1400 watt solar on arch
New batteries-AGM lifeline
Fancy pretty blue and red lights all over
New dinghy with 9.8 Nissan
New bottom with illegal non US allowed real bottom paint. Sea hawk Island plus
there is so much more it'll take me too long to list
As far as I know she is USA legal and register there so I hope so
We are in Saint Maarten now and plan on using her. Eventually I plan on sailing her south then way north to Florida where we have a condo at Marina.
Not sure what our plans are after that.
Will be there may 2024 probably
But
We love guests
Come sailing with us and your can really take a look at her
reply here and we can chat more
If you asked my wife she would probably say sell it.
Not sure where I sit.
I can't say I know what she is even worth at this point.
It's been an adventure for sure.
Thanks for your interest
J-
Old 23-01-2023, 08:11   #4

Also
All standing rigging is brand new!!
Old 25-04-2023, 17:00   #5

Had some interest so I thought I would update this:
All standing rigging with spinnaker halyard added
Motors are original and would have replaced but they are just too strong. Replaced a head gasket and water pump on port (no, it didn't overheat) fuel is clean and treated everytank, went through both motors extensively and found them to be very tight with no smoke, ever.
New B20 Yanmar control panels, sexy new gauges for engine management. All sensors for water temp and oil pressure and they just look cool
New SD 60 drives yes both. New kind that takes engine oil and has all kinks out
New sails with all new lines for everything that you pull a line for
New main sail bag
New asymmetrical spinnaker
New 450 bimini, not the silly 440 little dome. Frame and perfect canvas with window
New 1400 watt solar on aluminium arch
All Victron fancy stuff from panels to batteries with 3000 watt inverter/charger and touch screen "cerbo". This cool thing has bluetooth and wifi for remote info if you had starlink or other live wifi while away. We use the coffee maker, microwave, corded power tools, 120v standing fans (WAY better than the silly Hella ones) all day and night and batteries are at 100% by 11am. The solar is insane, no motors, no generator noise or heat. Can sit indefinitely without wasting any diesel. Dream come true!
6 New batteries-AGM 210ah lifeline
3 refrigerators: Vitrifrigo freezer (we make ice in it while in SXM) on a timer, New all stainless steel inside and out Frigoboat fridge with new compressor on timer or thermostat (thing is so shiny!) and Dometic small drink fridge outside under sink.
Water filtration system with two inline filters plumbed to galley foot pump. Also added a scupper system that filters rain water to water tanks and other containers. Ice from the sun with water from the sky.
All new head pump handles, not the kits, the entire handle
Fancy pretty blue and red LED lights all over, all replaced with LED
New dinghy with 9.8 Nissan
New bottom with illegal non US allowed real bottom paint. Sea hawk Island plus
New wireless autopilot control and rudder sensor, can walk all over the boat and steer - essential for singlehanded
New autopilot control screen at helm along with multi screen that currently reads depth
Not one, but two Garmin GPS multi screens - was told that one didn't work so I bought another, they both worked, just wired wrong.
Replaced and organized all helm wiring to be routed through a busbar. 12v with USB charging at helm and nav-stations
New rudder bearings bottom, have tops but not installed yet
other things like fresh paint in engine bays, everything was out so why not
boat was fully detailed last haul out and still looks new and shiny clean
boat will come fully stocked with all galley ware, bed sheets and pillows, new safety and emergency gear, tons of maintenance parts (filters, belts, impellers ect)

to be continued...
J-

Tags
cabin, lagoon, Lagoon 440