Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2019, 10:55   #16

Re: ~30ft blue water boat ~25kusd Mexico/Carribean/Florida

I have just arrived in Mexico, all I need to do is find a boat. I'm planning to have a look around here first but if you think you might have or know of something I would be interested in let me know.

Cheers
JuanPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 11:18   #17

Boat: Seafarer36c

There is an Islander 36 in Rio Dulce going for $13k. I've checked it out from the dock and it looks like a hell of a deal. SeaKist Yacht sales has it.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 08:30   #18

Boat: Albin Vega 27 / Ericson E30

In boats you can loose a lot of money. Donīt give any down payment and donīt trust anyone. Whatever you buy, the picīs are old and outdated, some even 5 years old. Start asking for good pics with date and look into details, screws, rigging, condition of the boat. If you see water marks, stain or rust, ask and ask and ask...
In boat business you are happy, when you see the boat, you walk the deck and know, there is no rotten sandwich, no rotten maststand, the railing is still standing firm, the rigging has no signs of rust, the hull no sign of blisters, the painting is good, the rudder is firm and the throughhulls are well cared. You need to look at the engine, to hear her running and to know, she is making full power (tahtfore you need a good mechanic) And donīt give any money to reserve the boat. You see it, you like it, you write down the obejctions and you make a contract and then, you can pay. Try the boat, put it out of the water and look the hull, then, put it in the water and sail it.
I just bought a 30-foot Ericsson 1970 and I saw her, I meassured the water in the Fiber to check blisters, I saw the throughhulls and I observed the compartments inside, the wood and everything. And I sailed her and the engine is as promised good... then pay
Albinvega27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue water, boat, florida, Mexico, rib, water