Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2021, 10:48   #136

Boat: 41' Morgan Out Island Ketch
Re: 42'-54' Bluewater Cruiser Monohull - Ready to Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtaSea View Post
nolakennedys, it looks spacious for sure. Albeit a bit older than I'd like to work with. Had my fair share of 70s boat ownership. Now I will let others enjoy the same experience.
Completely understand! Here is a 1980 512 in what looks to be nice condition. I love the engine room on this one.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...d-512-3846489/
Old 30-08-2021, 01:02   #137

Boat: Bavaria 44
Send a message via Skype™ to sailing mike

Hi XtaSea,
How about looking at my 1995 Bavaria 44 which is based in La Rochelle France on a permanent marina berth.

The*Bavaria*which was the strongest, best built, but production was too expensive for the factory. Is the 1994-5*Bavaria*44. A very good looking and quick*boat*with the deep*keel*option, designed by a German Professor. The factory stopped the original 44 production. The company then decided to go to some Croatian designers who pared construction down designing a range of yachts for mass production and Bavaria company 'profits', and continued production of the new redesigned 44 and others yachts. No more solid furniture and sold build boats.

So, if you are looking for a live aboard/long distances, I would recommend you have a look at the 1994-5 Bavaria 44.*

I've owned mine since 2000. Refitting, upgrading, and sorted it out for*living aboard*(including full hot*water*radiator heating throughout) and long distance single/couple sailing. Lots of long distances covered both in the summer and winter.

Having bought a ‘ruin’ here in France. I do not have the time to sail the boat, Captain O’Brien, and so it will be sold.

If you have interest I could PM you full information and photos.

regards
Mike
sailing mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:31   #138

https://www.boats.com/sailing-boats/...-c-44-7628686/
SqPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:08   #139

Boat: Passport 51

sailing mike, how sad that we didn't connect while I was in La Rochelle just a few weeks ago. Would have liked to see your Bavaria.

Truth be told, I am unlikely to fly back there for this boat but wish you good luck in your sale.
XtaSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:10   #140

SqPeg, thanks for the lead. Racer cruisers are off my radar. Only cruisers.
Old 11-02-2022, 19:16   #141

Boat: Beneteau First 42

I have a 1983 Beneteau First 42 for sale. Almost every system and equipment has been replaced within the last three years. Features all Garmin electronics on a Nema 2000 Network with Standard Horizon VHF radios with AIS. New 44 pound Rockna anchor, 200 feet galvanized 3/8” BBB chain and a new Lewmar V-3 windlass. Two new 55 gallon flexible water tanks, 2021 8 foot Massimo inflatable dinghy and a brand new 2022 5 horse Honda outboard still in the box. Two new holding tanks with monitors and macerator pumps, newer sink faucets, stove, heads, LED light fixtures. New 2021 mainsail sailed from Portland, Maine to Florida.
Located on the hard in Saint Mary’s, Georgia.
Rayjay3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 19:20   #142

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Sorry for my post. I just saw your reply that you are not interested in racer cruisers.
Rayjay3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 19:23   #143

No worries, Rayjay3110. The First series is not a good fit for me, but perhaps another viewer might get a hold of you after seeing the post. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2022, 19:30   #144

Unobtainium Dreamo search is still underway. Now more ok than before for older boats back to mid 1980s. Thanks to recent deliveries, budget is now up to $150K for one that needs some TLC and up to $200K for one that has been refitted within 3 years.

All leads very much appreciated and the winning lead will get a reward in the mail!
Old 01-04-2022, 20:09   #145

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 49

Are you interested in a 52’ c/b empacher design aluminum sloop. Previous owners lived onboard for 14 years and crossed the Atlantic several times. She has a 40% B/D ratio and looks like a Little Harbor. Beautiful boat that needs plumbing work and an aux rebuild. Rod rigging recently inspected. Mainsail has less than 600 hours. Priced aggressively to reflect condition and tlc required. Astounding value. Held by a non-profit. I am not the seller but know the boat well.
Student_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 20:46   #146

Hello Student_Driver, thank you for the suggestion here and the PM. Checked out the limited info available on their site. Among several other factors, the rod rigging is a deal breaker. Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2022, 21:27   #147

Boat: Westerly Sealord

If you are feeling like a bit of traveling to view.

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50018...yacht?spr=true

May end up being a bargain for someone - or maybe not.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:52   #148

Boat: Hans Christian 41T

Have you seen/considered our Hans Christian 41T? Seems like it "fits" your revised requirements:
Cruiser - World Cruiser (extensively equipped; repowered, N2K instrumentation, Spectra RO, etc. )
mid-80s (actually a 1989 with many "service-life" upgrades)
Price (we should talk)
Send me a PM if you'd like more details. Updated Brochure (ver. 3.0) available.

Regards.
Laughing Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:33   #149

El Pinguino, I was always curious about this style of a boat, so had a nice long day on a similar one in slightly choppy waters with 15-28kt inconsistent winds. It felt like a theme park ride more than a well seated sailing. Heels at an incredibly steep angle. If I were a billionaire, this would be one of my 50 boats. Reserved for those thrill seeking days. They are fast, agile, and beautiful. Not a cruiser, in my opinion.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:58   #150

Laughing Buddha, your name sounds familiar, we may have crossed paths either during this boat search or at some wet adventure.

I spent several months on a 43' canoe stern that looks remarkably similar to your Hans Christian. In fact, I am even wondering if they were off the same blueprint. Also helped in maintenance, repairs, and upgrades of the 43'.

The conclusion is that canoe stern does not work for me, despite the few pros they have for their diehard followers. The canoe stern takes away valuable space from the aft that I desperately need for "my stuff".

They are very comfy in following seas though, that's for sure. A great head-turner and smile inducer on any port we approached. No better setting than the pit of a canoe stern for a sundowner after a long slow sail that took all other boats half the time. (Wonder if that explains some of the smiles we got!)

Revised search criteria definitely rules out anything under 42, and the 42 is reserved for a couple of very beamy designs within a certain year range. Upper range is now 55, to include Amels. I was on a few, and they stole my heart.

Revised range is 42'-55' with a strong affinity for the 44'-48' range. Love the sail lockers often found in the ~49'ers with no compromises from the interior space.

Moody 47 is in the top 10. So is the Oceanis 473 and mid-late 90s Oceanis 44CC. And with Island Packet, Oyster, Hylas, Hallberg-Rassy, Ovni, Formosa, etc. always on the search list.

Tags
Bluewater, cruise, cruiser, hull, monohull, water